Friday, February 27, 2009

Grey lips and blue lashes

I was browsing old runway makeup looks when I stumbled upon two things:

- Grey lips and
- Colored Lashes

Ok, the first look is by Tom Pecheux (pics from nymag):

He used concealer and MAC Black lipmix. My version is 100% for the mouth: MAC Myth and MUFE L86 Lipstick. The first one is colored like a concealer and the second plain black. Thought this was interesting, I like weird colors on lips like blue or black, but I never thought of grey... gonna take pics when my lips are less flaky.

Now the second thing - colored lashes - sound less interesting. What I discovered is actually this: You can wear any color you have as eyeshadow/pigment on your lashes... that's it lol. So easy, but I was too stupid to figure it out myself until I saw some pics of MAs applying blue pigment to the lashes with some kinda fan-shaped brush. So the thing is you get a Mascara as close to your desired color as possible OR a clear mascara. Put some eyeshadow/pigment on one side of the brush, then distribute mascara on your lashes and immediately pat the brush with the colored side on your lashes, preferably coming from below, so the powder won't spill... since the mascara is still wet the color pigments will adhere to your lashes and give them the color you want.
Here is the inspiration (source: style.com)

And that's how it's done:

Simple, eh? I learnt something interesting today...

1 comment: